About Me

My photo
I currently work as a school librarian at a school in Welwyn Garden City in Herts. I am also the Chair of the Federation of Children's Book Groups a National Reading and Literacy Charity as well as being founder of National Non-Fiction Day. I also work as an indepedent consultant to publishers, schools and librarans

Monday 30 March 2009

Reasons

There are a number of reasons why I wanted to write this blog. There are probably too many to mention but the main ones are to give people a view of what it is going to be like to become the Chair of such an amazing charity, its also to share with you what the experience is like for me. I am shall we say a little nervous on whether I can do an amazing job - I really hope so!! - and as I have no idea of what to expect sharing my journey through the next year will hopefully be a very interesting experience.
I will try throughout the year to post about things that I have been involved in, things in the book world that happen - whatever these might be - and anything else linked to my role that might just interest people.
Anyway that's enough for the moment - please follow and I hope you, along with me will enjoy the ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment