About Me

My photo
I currently work as a school librarian at a school in Welwyn Garden City in Herts. I am also the Chair of the Federation of Children's Book Groups a National Reading and Literacy Charity as well as being founder of National Non-Fiction Day. I also work as an indepedent consultant to publishers, schools and librarans

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Well as the conference starts to loom ever closer and with my speech having its final touches made to it I am full of hope for the next year. After the NYR reading has been more in the spot light recently and whether or not you feel the NYR was a success or not, more people are talking about reading. This can only be a good thing, and gives the opportunity and opens doors for other great work to be showcased. I am hoping that we as a Federation will continue to build on the good work we do and that this will develop further readers and reading communities through our national and local work!

No comments:

Post a Comment