About Me

My photo
I currently work as a school librarian at a school in Welwyn Garden City in Herts. I am also the Chair of the Federation of Children's Book Groups a National Reading and Literacy Charity as well as being founder of National Non-Fiction Day. I also work as an indepedent consultant to publishers, schools and librarans

Monday 6 April 2009

Well i think i my just have recovered from conference!! thank you to everyone for all their lovely comments over the weekend and I hope that people will enjoy following me over the course of the next year. Like I said in my speech at the close of conference every year we go to a magical place to meet old friends and make new ones and to be enthused about the year that lies ahead of us to go and do the best s we can to fulfil our promise of bringing books to as many children as possible. As we sit and listen to the wonderful authors talking and then discuss with friends old and new what we have seen and heard we leave conference with renewed expectations as to what we can achieve in the future. We are all volunteers who do these roles with our hearts first because we know it is the right thing to do, we know the difference we make even if others don't. Conference allows us remember this, as we are surrounded by people just like us, people passionate about reading and books we are recharged, reinvigorated to go and encourage new readers and expand those already reading. Conference really is a magical experience and one that takes a couple of days to digest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment