About Me

My photo
I currently work as a school librarian at a school in Welwyn Garden City in Herts. I am also the Chair of the Federation of Children's Book Groups a National Reading and Literacy Charity as well as being founder of National Non-Fiction Day. I also work as an indepedent consultant to publishers, schools and librarans

Monday 9 November 2009

Spooky Tunes


OMG as my students would say!! Sunday afternoon the University of Herts was treated to one of the most musical, illustratative (not even a word but hey ho!!) highlights of the year. James Mayhew and the University of Herts Philharmonic Orchestra put on an amazing show of classical music, story telling and illustration. James illustrated and told the stories as the orchestra played in the background filling the auditorium with a sense of awe. Both young and old joined as James especially put on a show that I will remember for a long time, and I'm sure others will to.
It is the third year that we have run this event as a book group and every year it keeps getting better. It's a great way to introduce children to classical music and others to the world of illustration and story telling - something that put together in this format is so electric.
I for one am certainly looking forward to next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment